(Senior) PR Manager
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with more than 100 employees in 8 locations in Germany, England and the USA, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios - Realmforge Studios (Munich), Gaming Minds Studios
(Gütersloh) and Claymore Game Studios (Darmstadt). Specializing primarily in bringing strategy games to all modern platforms and for a global audience, Kalypso Media's brand portfolio includes the rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike and Railway Empire.
To support the global PR & marketing team, we are looking for a (Senior) PR Manager Western Europe, working from the headquarter in Worms, Germany. The PR Manager is reporting to the International Head of PR and will work closely with the PR & marketing teams in Europe and America.
- A lively and open-minded atmosphere in a growing company
- Freedom to implement own ideas and initiatives
- Teamwork and short decision-making procedures
- A responsible job in one of the most creative and exciting industries
- Company pension scheme, temporary company flat (if available), flat rate for drinks (coffee, water, soft drinks) and other benefits
- Plan and execute all PR activities across all media, including online and video- and micro-blogging-influencers in conjunction with the global marketing team
- Manage relationships with key media outlets to secure best possible coverage from initial announcements through to post-review analysis and coverage reports
- Work closely with HQ teams to prepare code demonstrations of products at all stages of development
- Work with HQ to localize and distribute press releases to relevant media outlets for maximum coverage
- Take a leading role in planning and attending press, trade and consumer events.
- Act as a central ‘hub’ for European partners, help to coordinate asset and information flow and work alongside sales teams to create impactful campaigns
Skills and Experience:
- Good experience (>3 years) in a games industry PR role (internal or Agency)
- Strong media relations experience with gaming media and influencers
- Degree-level qualification in journalism, communications or similar
- Demonstrated ability to create results-driven communication campaigns
- Very good verbal and written communication skills (German & English)
- Experience implementing national & international press events and media tours
- Strong game presentation skills and excellent gaming knowledge
- Able to work as part of a small, dynamic team and handle multiple projects parallely
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally
Are you interested in this job opportunity?
Please send your CV and application via e-mail to
Attn: Dr. Anika Thun