New Release Date Announced for Rail Tycoon Sim
Strategy publisher Kalypso Media and developer Independent Arts Software have today announced that Railway Empire - Nintendo Switch™ Edition will release on 27th March, 2020.
Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition makes the railway sim playable any time, anywhere and will launch with a physical edition and digitally, on the Nintendo eShop. This new edition of the game includes the main game (with all added content and improvements since its initial launch), alongside the Mexico DLC, Crossing the Andes DLC, and The Great Lakes DLC. The Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC will also be available as additional purchases via the Nintendo eShop. For more information, check out the Kalypso Store.
Watch the Trailer on YouTube:
Title: Railway Empire/Railway Empire - Nintendo Switch Edition
Platforms: Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™
Developer: Independent Arts Software
Genre: Tycoon Simulator
Release: Out now (Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One) 3/27/20 (Nintendo Switch™)
In Railway Empire, create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network by purchasing over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, building railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to stay ahead of the competition. Hire and manage a talented workforce to ensure an efficient train service, while developing over 300 technologies, ranging from mechanical improvements to trains and workplace infrastructures, through five eras of technological innovation. However, the competition never sleeps with three rival tycoons all vying for business! Stay on top by attacking and sabotaging opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way from coast to coast
- Build an empire by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimising transportation of passengers and goods across North America
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios or create the perfect railway network without any financial pressure
- Run a custom network with 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five eras to progress and maximise practicality and profits
- Compete with up to three rival companies and even sabotage others' efforts using bandits and spies.