Specialist strategy publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios have today released a brand-new DLC expansion for fan-favourite tycoon simulation Railway Empire on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
The Northern Europe expansion sees players aid the Swedish Parliament with constructing a new national railroad to continue the country’s far-reaching industrial advancements along the lakes and sprawling rivers that were first used by freight ships to provide goods and supplies to Northern Europe.
In addition to the new DLC, Kalypso has also released the Christmas update (version 1.11) for Railway Empire, adding seasonal Christmas decorations, the new ‘Dallas’ challenge and a series of tweaks and improvements to the game’s Challenge Mode – all completely free of charge as part of Kalypso’s ongoing ‘games as a service’ post-release support.
Railway Empire - Northern Europe DLC Trailer on YouTube:
The new DLC includes:
- New scenario: Hibernation (1853-1870)
- Map expansion: ‘Northern Europe’ (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes)
- 3 historical engines: Odin (2-2-2), Prins August (2-4-0) and SJB II (4-6-0)
- 10 new tradeable goods (e.g. crisp bread and brown cheese) and 30 new cities
- ‘Concession’ feature: The map is divided into sections. Buy concessions to gain access to new building grounds (also available on the full North American map)
- Snow: Enhanced weather system for all northern regions in the game
- New regional soundtrack
The Northern Europe DLC for Railway Empire is available now on all platforms.
Title: Railway Empire – Northern Europe DLC
Platform(s): Windows, Linux, PlayStation®4, Xbox One
Developer: Gaming Minds Studios Genre: Tycoon simulator
Release: Out now
Hashtag(s): #RailwayEmpire #NorthernEuropeDLC