Available in English and German, the Port Royale 4 beta includes the game's tutorial, full Spanish campaign and newly added English-nation campaign, and the option to play as England or Spain in the game's Free Mode. Players are also invited to complete a survey to shape the game ahead of its full release on 25th September 2020.
Arriving with the Steam beta is an updated beta roadmap, brand-new screenshots, and the developer featurette '6 Seaworthy Questions', in which Gaming Minds Studios Creative Director Daniel Dumont dives into Port Royale 4's varied gameplay as well as important changes to the series' fourth entry, such as turn-based naval combat.
6 seaworthy questions on YouTube:
Port Royale 4 is available for pre-purchase on the Kalypso Store in two variants: a Standard Edition, which includes the base game on release and full access to the closed beta, and an Extended Edition, which adds a digital soundtrack and exclusive in-game bonus content.
Those eager to drink-in more stunning Caribbean scenery can tune in to an exclusive Port Royale 4 livestream this afternoon from 5pm BST on the official Kalypso Media Twitch channel, hosted by Gaming Mind Studios Creative Director Daniel Dumont.
England joins the roster!
Updated Beta Developer-Roadmap available!
Title: Port Royale 4
Platforms: Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™
Developer: Gaming Minds Studios
Genre: Trading simulation
Release: 09/25/2020, Nintendo Switch™ (2021)
About Port Royale 4:
In Port Royale 4, set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. Take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor and learn what it takes to manage and grow a small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of multiple cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfil tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
Introducing: naval battles! For the first time in series' history, combat encounters are turn-based, with up to 8 ships battling at once. Turn the tide with tactical captain manoeuvres to ensure a glorious victory each and every fight.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles
- Four single player campaigns following each nation on a path to glory
- Appoint a leader from four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes
- Choose from 50 buildings to produce goods such as rum and luxuries
- Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the happiness of your citizens
- Sail 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains
- Unlock licences, building permits, new buildings and ships by growing reputation within your chosen nation