Available in a physical retail edition and as a digital purchase via the Nintendo eShop, Railway Empire - Nintendo Switch™ Edition includes the main game (with all added content and improvements since its initial launch), alongside the Mexico DLC, Crossing the Andes DLC, and The Great Lakes DLC. Additional purchases such as the Germany DLC, France DLC, and Great Britain & Ireland DLC will be available later via the Nintendo eShop.
Railway Empire is available now on Nintendo Switch™, PC, Xbox One and PS4. For more information, please check out the Kalypso Store.
Watch on YouTube:
Budding conductors can tune in to an exclusive Railway Empire - Nintendo Switch™ Edition livestream this afternoon at 12pm EST on the official Kalypso Media Twitch channel, hosted by QA Manager Florian Eustachi.
Title: Railway Empire/Nintendo Switch™ Edition
Platforms: Nintendo Switch™, PC, PS4, Xbox One
Developer: Independent Arts Software
Genre: Rail tycoon simulator
Release: out now - all platforms
Hashtag: #RailwayEmpire #NintendoSwitch
About Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition:
In Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, extend and manage your rail network on the go! Explore the Mexico, The Great Lakes and Crossing the Andes DLCs, unlocking new scenarios on regional maps, additional soundtracks, locomotives as well as the new Night and Snow mode.
Create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also developing over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities, as you progress through five eras of technological innovation.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps! To keep your business on track, you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To move up the ladder, you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
- Includes the Mexico, The Great Lakes and Crossing the Andes DLCs
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign
- Lead your empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing the transportation of passengers and goods
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create the perfect railway network in Construction mode without any financial pressure
- Acquire over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons, all with their own strengths and weaknesses
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network
- Compete with up to three rival companies and sabotage their efforts with bandits and spies